I worked super duper hard re- doing/organizing our basement. I had all of my various crafty stuff stored throughout different cupboards and drawers wherever I could find space in the house. I really attribute me not being able to get any scrapbookin done to the fact that my stuff was scattered and it was such a pain to get everything out, work for a bit and then have to find places for everything all over again. After visiting Katie and see her super cool set- up I had to work something out. So I set to work on the basement. First step sorting toys- what a pain!! I ended up with 3 big garbage bags, and 2 bags for sale/consignment/give away. Next step was some new shelving/storage units- I took the old stuff apart and took everything down and set up the new stuff. I was so stoked when it all paid off so that I had a whole bookshelf to myself for my craft stuff!! And I couldn't even fill it up- haha. Here is the wall that all of the bookshelves ended up~

This is the kids area where all of their stuff is stored. I am currently working on converting all of the VHS tapes to DVD and that will make even more room for all the future toys that they will get :)

And Finally my little craft shelves :) I still have to pull out a card table and chair when I want to get crafty, but it really is so much better!!

And here is the stuff that I have managed to get done! Working on Oliver's baby album-which Katie and I did some major damage in while we visited in Nebraska- I think we did like 36 pages or something of the like! Here are Thanksgiving and Christmas pages :)
3 comments:
Amber, I am so happy for you. It's nice to have a little space just for you and your things. I love your pictures. Oliver is so big. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. He is beautiful.
I miss you too. xoxo
I need a marathon scrapbooking night--or several days--like that. What I want to know is, is your room still that organized? Or did it last no longer than the time it took to take the picture :)
I've never seen your basement before, looks awesome! I also like the pages, very cute!
Post a Comment