Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My little bear

Oliver is super smart!! He is a spoiled little baby boy by me, his dad, sisters and the rest of the family- I know this and I'm okay with it. I'm not saying he is a genius or anything, but I'm a proud momma lately. Here are some things that Mr. Smarty pants (also known at times as cranky pants) has figured out lately~ He can reach doorknobs and if they are the right kind he can pull on them and the door opens!!! He can turn around and slide down the stairs on his belly- a much faster way of getting to where he needs to be. If he has a wet or dirty bum, he will go get the diaper and wipes and bring them straight to you. When someone is eating, if he comes to them with a big grin and then opens his mouth really big- chances are he will get a bite. When someone says "YaY" this means you smile big and clap your hands. If your momma puckers up her lips you give her a big wet kiss (but do it for no one else- haha :) Those are just a few of the fun new things happening in our house right now. While he might not have much of a grasp on things verbally you can tell he is a thinker!! He does have a few words now and again. The ever popular "dada" the occasional "Mom" when he is being cheeky and wants to show off or when the mama isn't anywhere to be seen. I've heard he actually says mama quite a bit when I'm not around. He says "nu-num" when he sees someone eating and says "mmmm" when he eats something he likes. He also waves and says "Haaa" which I am taking to mean Hi. The word "guh" has many meanings right now- could be dog, duck, cup, go, take your pick depending on the situation.
Its pretty cool being the mom of a boy.

1 comment:

tami said...

Oh, I miss Ollie. What a cutie! I love the pictures. And I think it's hilarious that he only says "mom" when you aren't around. :)