I have now been gaining and losing the same weight for approximately 12 years, or right around the time I first got pregnant. I'm not one of those thin mommas that looks like they tucked a basketball down their shirt and then can go lie out in a 2-piece swimsuit weeks after popping that ball out. As a matter of fact I gained no less than 70 pounds with each of my kids- its a wonder I'm not up to around 400 or so. The only reason that I'm not is that somehow, through a lot of determination, hard work and a bit of deprevation I've managed to lose all of the weight by said childs first birthday (With Miranda I lost that and then some- I had lost 105 pounds in that first year).
Maybe there is something about a having a boy, or something about turning 30- or maybe its my crazy messed up thyroid. No matter, the point of fact is that here I sit over 3 years later, having lost 40 pounds but holding on strong to that last 30 (okay- I gained back some over the summer- booooo!!!) more like 40. Whats the deal? I can't seem to find my zone, or more realistically just have found that I like food way too much to not eat what I want when I want.
Regardless today was day 1. The first day of September and the first day of getting back to a healthier me (who will also be able to fit into her cute clothes again). Now with the girls back in school this task is a lot easier now than my failed attempts over the summer. In my previous weight loss journeys I found it best to take it one small step at a time and not make crazy goals. The overall goal is to lose 40 pounds, but believe me I'll be happy with 1 at a time- this aint no biggest loser ranch here.
My goals-
*Exercise~ gym 4-5 days per week for cardio 45-60 minutes and weights 2x per week
*Eating~ 1200-1500 calories per day
*Water~ minumum 64 ounces water
To keep track and keep myself accountable at the end of each day I'm starting a seperate blog.
Here is the link if anyones interested :)
http://shrinkingme-amber.blogspot.com/
Wish me luck!!!
tomorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow....
16 years ago
4 comments:
I was thinking about food deprivation just a minute ago as I was scoffing my face with a second piece of cake and pouring another coffee.... I used to not feel "deprived" with food - I'd just make healthy choices and it all felt pretty cruisey. Since having the girls though, it's a kind of weird mentality I seem to have adopted that as mum's we deprive ourselves of SO SO SO MUCH every day, and I'm just SO SO SO OVER having to deprive myself of EVERYTHING right now for the sake of my kids, that I'm kind of holding onto food (and not the healthy kind) with a sheer desperation, clinging to it and saying "NO, please don't deprive me of ONE MORE THING at the moment, I can't give another thing up that I love and gives me pleasure because then I'll have NOTHING".... and okay, it's not a HEALTHY mentality, and it's not going to help me achieve my weight loss goals, but it IS just how it IS for me at the moment.... so I'm hoping to counteract that a bit with more exercise (which I love and it's time without kids so it doesn't take anything away from me) and hopefully one day soon I'll be able to slowly let go of my desperate cling to food for a small pleasure :))
Loving the blogging awesome lady :))
Kathy P. xx
Sorry to say the 1st of each month might mess you a bit thanks to me. You can always pass the goodies off to the family. Or not :o)
Does it help for me to say I think you're gorgeous? I had a friend once who lost 35 pounds by promising herself a manicure everytime she lost a pound--she went and got one almost every week. And her nails always looked fabulous! Good luck on this! :)
I'm rooting for you, Amber!
I'm wanting to lose 20 pounds(that's the highest number I can tackle). We're back in school and so far I've ridden my bike to school two days. Whoo Hoo, that's a start! Keep your eyes on the prize - those cute clothes.
Love you lots,
Barbara
Post a Comment