

I'm currently trying to put some thoughts together on the fact that Avery will be starting middle school tomorrow. I'm very unsure of how I feel, on one hand she is such a bright, sweet, funny, loving girl that I figure she will have no problems- okay thats not realistic- how about minimal problems? Academically I'm not worried, she is in pretty much all the GT courses (Gifted/talented or accelerated) and is a smart little cookie. She makes friends fairly easy and most of the time just can't deal with drama so isn't drawn to the popular kids or kids that get in trouble a lot. I'm worried about little stuff more... like... forgetting her locker combo, not being able to find her class, not being able to keep herself organised, etc- okay so pretty much all of the things that I had issues with as a middle schooler.

Now that I'm actually taking some time to think on this I'm realising that maybe its more that it makes me feel old to have a kid old enough for middle school! I mean seriously? Didn't I just have her like a few weeks ago or something? Didn't I just get out of H.S??? I really, really am not feeling this. I'm wondering, do all parents feel a lot of the time like they are just kinda feeling there way through things- like this poor kid- I have no clue what I'm doing here so I hope she ends up okay! I ended up semi-normal so I think her chances are good :)


5th grade graduation :) Such a cool thing for her to have ALL of the parentals there!!
3 comments:
Tomorrow? She starts tomorrow? Wow... summer went so fast! Yes, I agree about the "feeling old" thing. I just delude myself into pretending that I married an older man... but he's only a month older than me... so I guess we're all THAT old! LOL Jodi
I will always read your blog Amber. Avery will do great! And you are a wonderful Mama! Congrats.
I don't believe I'll ever be prepared for how fast kids grow up! Good luck with middle school! I'm sure you'll both do great :)
AND I have your blog in my Reader, so I always read what you post...even if I don't comment. But I'll try to more often, because I know that's annoying :)
Post a Comment